• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading loading stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sekiar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my first try ad adding a photo so please don't shoot me it it's not done correctly. This is a loading stand I built out of oak to assist in loading my 32 pound .45 caliber underhammer bench rifle. I'm set up to shoot from inside my new shoot shack and needed a way to hold the gun upright for dropping the powder down the barrel and a position to clean the gun. Since the gun is very long I made the stand to tilt so the cleaning rod wound clear the ceiling.
airgunbmw430.jpg

Well actually I've not got around to shooting the rifle yet. I'm not as energetic as I once was and I've collected a number of muzzleload over the years and have several that I've not shot. I'm going to correct that asap. I have been shooting all that time with more modern guns and have let the muzzleloaders set in the safe. Being left handed my all time favorite type of muzzleloader is the underhammer of which I have several. I can still do about any thing I did in my youth, however it just takes a lot longer now even though I'm retired.

Wonderful stand and I do want to read more about your Underhammer.

. sep 23 / 2:30am

did i read that correctly ? your rifle weighs 32 pounds all by itself ?

~d~

Yes it goes at 32lbs....not a hunting gun and almost too much gun for old men..ha The barrel is about 45-inches long so I had to make a loading rod and an extra long cleaning rod as well. It's ready to shoot...just building up energy and waiting until I'm in the mood. I can remember back to the day when I got my hands on a new gun I would shoot it asap come heck or high water.....now I got a number of guns that I'm waiting for the right time to try 'em out. I guess I've too many hobbies and just don't get in a big rush any more.

Sekiar, Did you have a good time at the Berryville shoot this weekend? I watched the underhammer benchrest guys shoot for a while. I've been shooting tonight, if you were outside you probly heard it.
echos up punkin holler don't it!

Nice looking loading stand, and rifle. I know about having to get up the energy to take one of those monsters out. I have several chunk guns, underhammers, and one of them is an old Cecil Brooks full stock underhammer that goes thirty five pounds. After back surgery and more years than I am enttled to, it's pretty though just to carry it to the line.
Mark :surrender:

ozark57 said:
Sekiar, Did you have a good time at the Berryville shoot this weekend? I watched the underhammer benchrest guys shoot for a while. I've been shooting tonight, if you were outside you probly heard it.
echos up punkin holler don't it!

Bill, I didn't know you where here. Give me a shout to shoot.

M. Casey (you know who I am)

Nice stand. Even nicer target rifle! Looks alot like a Farrow target Ballard on the butt end of the stock.

Latest posts

Back