• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzloader supplies stores

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
More looking for good blackpowder and.. dynamite noble rws musket caps.. in store

I could find an online source yes.

Anywhere in Maine or NH...

I've called everyone on a phone search.. only found two places.. one with BP in stock.. one with noble caps sometimes in stock.

It's OK... if this never gets a response. I don't think there is much. The gun stores I called i don't know if they know what a musket cap is.

All the stores in my area carry everything for inlines bot nothing for traditional mz. I have to buy online or travel hundreds of miles.

More looking for good blackpowder and.. dynamite noble rws musket caps.. in store

I've called everyone on a phone search.. only found two places.. one with BP in stock.. one with noble caps sometimes in stock.

It's OK... if this never gets a response. I don't think there is much. The gun stores I called i don't know if they know what a musket cap is.
Did you try "Kittery Trading Post"?

couple years ago.. I kinda was not happy. I went there thinking they had everything without calling... they had nothing but that was then..

I'll have to call and ask.. they use to have everything.

I used to go every year before the season opened... just because.. they still carry good stuff.. Filson and Johnson wool etc.. better than cabelas

Kittery.. cci caps.. they even said there for reenacting before I even asked or said anything. So

The pelletiersports.biz.. there OK.. CCI though.

I'm in the waiting for one place to get them...
sporting and hunting depo. NH sounded good. None in stock but they do stock RWS.

Powder maybe.. I see they might have that one too try. Searching there Facebook pictures 😆

Nice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_224153_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_224153_Chrome.jpg
    886.5 KB

I live in mid-coast ME and I buy my powder from Maine Powder House in Durham, ME. They are closing for the winter shortly, I can't remember exactly when. Email: [email protected] or call Pauline McNeil at (207) 503-3658

One place about 30 minutes from me sells caps and black powder,real jerks and price gougers so buy mine from Travelers Antiques and Trading when Toby and Anna are in driving distance at an event,so headed to the woods now for muzzleloader season opening day.

Kittery used to be my favorite store.. they had it all everything.

Now for years if you ask for.. primers or caps etc.. they act like it's covid still... there's no reason. I would like to know why they won't get supplies for us.

Had at one time had a good rack of BP guns. Used. Now nothing

I've been using pelletiersports.biz.

And bass pro.

MA Cabelas and probably Bass Pro have new procedures now. Just forewarning anyone heading there.

I was at Cabelas in Hudson yesterday and by some miracle that actually had #11 Magnum percussion caps in stock. They have recently locked up all the ammo, and you now have to have an associate grab it for you.

I had to go to the register in the firearms section and show my LTC in order to buy the caps. The sales guy told me that caps, powder and even round balls now require a firearms license to purchase.

In a final, ridiculous bit of performance art, they bagged my purchase in a clear plastic bag and then sealed it with red tape that made it all look like a biohazard. I felt like I was walking out of the store with a stool sample 🙄

This is what purchasing two tins of CCI caps looked like

IMG_1629.jpeg

Latest posts

Back