• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 18th Outfit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just having fun on a very cold day to get some photos taken in my humble garb. The building is about 1810 vintage. My persona, though not fine tuned, is leaning toward a man of some means who does a bit of "information gathering" for the King's troops regarding the fortifications of the French in various areas along the Mississippi River while posing as a naturalist of sorts( I live about halfway between Fort Massac and Fort de Chartres and stretch things a bit to try and make things work out). Enjoy and offer constructive criticism if you would please. Taking refuge in an abandoned home. The French may be afoot!
steppose.jpg
Here I am taking aim at an unfriendly lone French trader who is on his way to report my suspicious movements.
taknashot.jpg
You don't want to be on the wrong end of a .62 jaeger!
barelthrucrac.jpg
I hope you enjoy the photos I froze for. I just took them today.

Hussah, Hussah!! JJ you'd pass my muster for sure. Look like ya just stepped out of 1760! I just watched Last of the Mohicans again last night for the thousandth time.

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

JJ,
looking very spiffy i would say!!! :applause: :applause:
snake-eyes :redthumb: :) :peace:

Thank you. It's the first one I ever bought (used) and it was too big. Impulse buying I believe. It's thin wool with cotton lining and I'm wearing it over a better fitting dark green waistcoat for a bit of added warmth. I usually only go to events in warmer months so I don't want to spend big bucks on a greatcoat. I thought it looked good wearing the two together with my belt and bags bringing the "look" together. When it's warmer I wear the dark green waistcoat. I still want some leggings or gaiters but can't decide if I should buy them or make them.

WOW VERY NICE!
maybe some day. this hobbie does become adactive. i have been reading every thing i can for a month.
some day.
Ronald

You know,Bull, you're right! When it warms up a bit I think I will go tromp about in the woods and across creeks and fields. I think it would be fun to kinda make a photo short story and maybe post it here if you folks don't think that's too corny of a thing to do. Maybe like a short day trek or something with a fictitious story. 41 isn't too old to play in the woods and besides, the exercise would do me some good.

Thank you. It's the first one I ever bought (used) and it was too big. Impulse buying I believe. It's thin wool with cotton lining and I'm wearing it over a better fitting dark green waistcoat for a bit of added warmth. I usually only go to events in warmer months so I don't want to spend big bucks on a greatcoat. I thought it looked good wearing the two together with my belt and bags bringing the "look" together. When it's warmer I wear the dark green waistcoat. I still want some leggings or gaiters but can't decide if I should buy them or make them.

make them. spring for some braintan and make some simple leggins, it will be the best thing you ever did, especially if you ever have to go crashing through the stickers.

I think that everyone should have to completely hand stitch at least one full set of clothing--shirt, pants or leggins and a clout, a capote or matchcoat, mocassins, some manner of headgear, mittens, knapsack or haversack, shooting gear. It will give you a whole new appreciation for how people lived and just how long it took to make something.

:results:

You know,Bull, you're right! When it warms up a bit I think I will go tromp about in the woods and across creeks and fields. I think it would be fun to kinda make a photo short story and maybe post it here if you folks don't think that's too corny of a thing to do. Maybe like a short day trek or something with a fictitious story. 41 isn't too old to play in the woods and besides, the exercise would do me some good.

take some good pictures, write it up, send it to me. We live for that sort of thing around here.

[email protected]

the more new people we get doing this stuff, the better.

That outfit is way too pretty to go with brain taned leggins!

I'd spring for good veggie taned 2-3 oz leather and put buttons up the side with a cuff at the top buttoned to the knee britches top button.

It's a pitty you can't find more of that fabric and make yourself a sleeved waistcoat out of the oversized one.

You should make yourself a wagoneers' smock to protect the outfit in the woods and give you some added warmth.

That's way too pretty for my humble station in life!

Only reason my pards keep me alive now is cause I don't have any good plunder to divy up!

:crackup:

It's settled then, my next project will be makin' some leggins! Where can I get 2-3 oz veggie tanned leather and a pattern? I could probably make a wagoneer's smock as well, sounds like what I need and I don't see too many of them around. Thanks. Jim

Latest posts

Back