• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Bess should be here today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep..links work.
Man ...the First thing I do when I GET A NEW to me arm in ...IS check to see if its loaded then a total disassembly...just to see if everything is allright....if I noticed that a spring seemed to be weak I would check it out faster than
White on Rice !
maybe you are different than me in that respect...

Pedersoli is well known for weak/soft springs. It must be the way they harden them. Some kind of mass process maybe and sometimes not all the springs get the same amount of heat. I think there may be a tutorial on the Forum regarding how to retemper the springs.

I know I should check (I did verify that it wasn't loaded) the spring. Just been very busy at work lately (not going to complain about having extra work to do in this economy!).

I had just enough time to take those pictures this morning. Tomorrow I have the day off so expect an update. :v

Update: mainspring is broken.

Looking at Track of the Wolf's replacement forged spring. They said they should have them back in in a couple weeks.

Dang sorry to hear that....I would be quite upset with the seller....
its an easy fix but beware Pedersoli parts are not cheep..... But she will be Great when ya git a new spring...

Well, I don't want to send it back so I don't see the point of complaining too much. I mentioned it to him so we'll see what he says.

I got a pretty good deal and the springs at TOW are only $18... assuming they get them in. Also they are forged rather than cast and are designed to be an upgrade for soft Pedersoli springs.

I talked to the seller and he's going to have a spring sent to me. If the one from Track ever becomes available then maybe I'll get a spare.

Back