• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first BP squirrels!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a hunting machine. Great pictures, and great stories. You're living the good life. I married a woman like that, my father-in-law, had the best hunting land around, and it joined the National Forest. He's passed on. We still got the land, but I hunt closer to my home now. I took, several nice deer, turkey, squirrel, grouse, fox, raccoon, and trout, off that property. We had it all named too. Lace patch, big hickory, mud lick drain, square woods, cord wood, the flats, mill ridge. Your stories, bring back a lot of memories for me.
Glad to see you doing it the traditional way. Best of luck. Thanks.

Almost forgot to mention, your set-up on photos, is fantastic. Always, seemed well thought out, and great settings. It really adds, to the story and hunt presentation. (Nice Dominique chickens)

Thanks again everyone , I do like a good photo , I like to look back and remember past hunts in my pictures. So I take great time in setting up with good background when I can , just getting in the woods with a kill or not is a great day for me....

,,,,Sam,,,,

Most of us who date back to film cameras soon learned a bit about composing a picture. It cost money to press the shutter button. Kids nowadays with their digital cameras don't care. Throw enough mud at the wall and some will stick. :thumbsup: Good photography. :hatsoff:

Love roasted squirrels...."tree rats" I don't eat.

Hunting squirrels aka "tree rats" w/ a flintlock requires not only being an excellent shot, but also patience and tactics....they're not that "dumb". Being an excellent shot means more edible parts to eat...head shots only.....Fred

Great shooting, been down in your area a few times, but only coon hunting, never squirrel. I just picked-up a CVA 32cal PC that I'm going to try out Monday-Tuesday.

Looks like some nice squirrels. How do they taste? We have some here but there all in subdivisions and city parks and a little tough to hunt without grin in trouble

They taste great we either do squirrel and dumplings or with biscuits and gravy , over a camp fire ain't bad neighter....

,,,,Sam,,,,

Latest posts

Back