• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My handywork

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutshurt

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone :) show some of my handywork...okydoky
DSC00061.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC07549.jpg

DSC07434.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Darrel/cutshurt

You make some very nice stuff. :bow:

Welcome to the Forum. :hatsoff: Looking forward to reading your posts.

cutshurt,
Might want to post your photos,
in the proper forums:hmm:
Everything has a place :hmm:
OK Dokey
snake-eyes

wow thats some nice crafting there, i really like those hawks and is that a fire piston with a skull head on it, really cool.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thanks guys :)

Hey James small world, good to see you here to bud.

Yes thats a fire piston, Water buffalo horn with a deer crown carving.

Strikers are my bread & butter.

Darrel

Hey Darrell,
I love your work, I have seen a bit of it on Paleo Planet. Glad to see you here too!
Kirby

Ok, you certainly got my interest. How did you make the hawk? Did you drift the handle hole?
How about the skull? Is that bone?

Very nice work by the way.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Loveland Colorado

Wow....

Your work is awesome!

The knives remind me of a style made by a smith named Tai Goo. They are very SE Asian in appearance.

Good stuff!

Thanks every one :)

Both of the hawks started out as ball-peen hammers, I forged them close to there finished shape then drifted the eye with a drift I made from a huge old chisel, then did the rest of work to get them looken good.

The skull is a deer antler crown.

Yes the knives are Tai inspired, but I stay away from his blade shapes so as to not infringe on his style, I do the sockets a bit differently to. I also like the idea that they can be used as a spear in a pinch.

Darrel

Back