• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My latest daydream: A Kibler escopeta ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, I firmly believe Jim Kibler can make whatever firearm he takes a notion to and hit it out of the park on the first pitch. :cool:
Yes, of course, but the engineering, planning, study, set-up, and marketing to do a limited, niche musket? Not at all feasible financially. The few enactors that want one can just buy the one from the Dixie catalog, and leave Jim to mfg. something that has a bit of demand!;)

First I think their a neat gun. Do I think Jim would do a kit ? No and the same reason he won't make his SMR percussion. HE doesn't want to..! Even though he would have a lot of buyer's. JMPO

Well, Art, you must have an inside line speaking for Jim as you do.
Of course I realize such a project would have to pencil out, and I have no idea what the demand for it would be, but I also believe that if such a kit were available and it dawned on American muzzleloader shooters what a significant role the miquelet-lock escopeta played in this continent's history, new interest would arise. Again, it's a matter of raising awareness and frankly, doing basic education. And I believe that enthusiasm would grow once shooters got a chance to see and handle one of these arms in person and learn its capabilities.
I don't find an escopeta with miquelet lock on the Dixie Web site -- just an overpriced Pedersoli copy of the .69 flintlock Spanish musket.

Back