• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Rev War militia musket (pics)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youngblood

40 Cal
Reaction score
A few months ago i saw a Tulle .69 kit on gunbroker by AzMuzzleloaders, a member here, so i pm’d him here and i bought it. Thank you AZ 👍🏻

I had it shipped straight to ColonialRifleSmith, another member here and the wait was on. He can be reached at
[email protected]

I been trying to get a gun like this for a while. A .69 is very hard to find except for the commercial muskets. Crazy hard.
Asked several builders both here and people with fancy websites. I got No or too busy from all of them. From ColonialRifleSmith it was Yes. All my custom requests were Yes. Thank you.

I wanted it to be a custom kind of conversion from hunting/private gun to militia ready for Rev War. Thats what i was going for. I saw an original almost just like it.

I had added to it, sling swivels, a rear sight, a bayonet lug and bayonet, a metal rammer, and a hooked breech with keys. The stock is Maple, just plain with no curls.

Heres a few pics. First the kit, then the original i liked, then mine.

DEA23661-3400-4888-B1D5-6D58FDD50F8B.png

4B9AA275-8B4B-46D7-9091-9749ECC8CA95.png

A8D0BAAF-FF58-491C-AB95-A68F9E65A7F7.png
8757E3D8-F62B-4933-BEEC-AA94704E3274.png

Last edited:
I think of it as a Militia Musket made up by a local gunsmith to join the Rev War. But i guess it could be a Ranger Musket or Officers fusil (French?) or something my dad took off a dead Frenchman in the last war?
What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back