• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My sons first blk powder kill

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bucktails
Tell your son good job,and give your self a pat on the back for raising a fine son.
Merch

Whoa talk about dropping her in her tracks..What caliber was he using

WOW!!! That was a great shot!!! My first dropped just like she did.Congrats to your son on his first harvest with a smokepole. I also must congratulate you on raising your youngin up good and propper. Too many youths will never enjoy the freedom of being able to harvest such a magnificent AND delicious creature. :thumbsup:

Nice little minni hunt, I did not see any mention of the outfit used it is always good to toss that info in, these little pieces of hunting history are a great way to share the experience from coast to coast.

Good for him. I been trying to film a hunt for awhile now with no success, glad someone can do it. :haha: :thumbsup:

Hi bucktails,

congrats and Waidmanns Heil to your son and this really nice doe he got there. It is an outstanding video which shows the hunt really good. Which rifle did your boy use? :thumbsup:

He had really buck feaver after the successful shot. :wink:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thanks for all the kind responses. My son, Joe, used a 50 cal. Traditions Hawken Woodsman loaded with 90 grs of 777 FF and I believe he used a sabot. Joe and 4 of his buddies are all ways taking turnes filming each others hunts but this hunt he was alone. One of the things I have all ways stressed to Joe about guns other than saftey is that you can never own too many guns. Joe started hunting sparrows at the age of 5 with a bb gun and has fallen in love with hunting ever sense. I guess if your going to be addicted to something then what better thing than hunting. Again thanks and this is a really good site, glad I found it.

Hi bucktailes,

that is a pretty good rifle. I have the modern form (Deerhunter) also in .50. With its 1 in 48'' twist it shoots all kind of bullets with good accuracy. I guessed he used a sub because no smoke cloud to recognize. Again a clean kill. Didn't expect that the doe would fall like a steel target :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister

Congratulations on the doe....now, where is the hunter orange that is required by law for hunting deer in Michigan? :nono:

16gauge, thats a fare question. He dose wear orange when he hunts. When he was in front of the camera he wanted to be wearing the hat that has his and his buddies logo on it. GTO (Go Time Outdoors)

Back