• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NC State of Emergency - Dove Season opens Saturday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Unfortunately, North Carolina is one of a few states who have the draconian law that prohibits the use of firearms off of your own property during a state of emergency.

A state of emergency was declared due to the impending hurricane Earl approaching our NC coast.

Dove season opens Saturday.

Called the NC-WRC and they don't have a clue.

:shake:

The head of the NC-WRC has checked with the Governor and cleared that hunting will be OK...will be posting it on their website and getting it into the news media.

Thinking that the news organizations will want to explain why its even come up as an issue, hopefully some good press will come out of this that everybody will see how stupid and the old law is.

Good! At least they see a error in the law, Maybe it will lead to good changes.
Its good to see the state realizes what an important heritage and all around good thing hunting is. Down here it seems as tho people try to take it away as much as they can. :shake:

I hunted doves in N.C. in '82 or '83. As I recall, legal hunting hours started at noon. Maybe it was just opening day, or maybe in certain areas, but I thought that was a strange law. Is it still like that?

The first time I went hunting there, I was out in some swampy area tapping my foot waiting for noon to hurry up. I was aiming at a dove in a tree and my wife was in the car with a watch, counting off the seconds. She called out "Ready, ready....NOW!" I yelled "HEY" at the dove and nailed it as it flew up and figured it was the first legal dove taken in the season at 12:00 and two seconds. Well, the dove fell into some jungle viney stuff that even a snake couldn't get through, so I never retrieved it. So much for being first :idunno: . Bill

Back