• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help finding a stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ppanepinto

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a stock for a 70's Dixie Gun works Hawkens. If no a factory stock does anyone know of any good replacement stocks?

It wouldn't be that hard to make one, or basically have someone start out a blank for you by doing the barrel inletting which I'm guessing would be a straight 1" octagon?. A lot of companys will even work with the wood you supply them with. This factory made rifle of yours can't be to different from every other Hawken reproduction? If you already have the hardware, it would be easier. If you have a stock someone could even duplicate it for $250-$350 and you could do the finish work.

Didn't see anything on Dixie's website (but I didn't look real hard), but check out TOW or Pecatonica for a non-inletted (lock) Hawken stock (full or half). They have several. There are other suppliers also - my brain has disengaged for the evening, so the company names escape me at the moment.

I have one from dixie with a few scratches that held a 54 cal hawken.I believe it is 15/16.You can have it if it will fit.squib

Back