• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Think it’s ready, .54 GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last, I think…
Barrel keys were short up front, longer rear. Buttplate screws sit proud/crooked, and there is daylight “just” visible between metal/wood in the curved section. Not the best pics, hopefully shows the fitment issues.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpeg
    IMG_5439.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I’m still planning to smooth it up. Probably scrape and the tung oil the stock, after the inletting issues are fixed. Tung oil most likely, Tru Oil and Tung blend last 3 coats. No dyes or bleaches.

Oh, both keys fit sloppy in the escutcheos with the barrel removed. Both fit cleanly in the barrel lugs with the stock removed. Assembled? Tap out, tap in.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay, pics time…
SeaBee, I just checked the markings on my 1990 Kit GPR. They are exactly like the markings in the pics. I do not have time to take and post pics right now but if you wish I can forward them to you at a later time. By going off of all the imperfections in your pics, it certainly appears to be a kit rifle. However, it might matter not. Mine is very accurate and I'm happy with it. The only issues I had on mine was the barrel wedges alignment.

SeaBee, I just checked the markings on my 1990 Kit GPR. They are exactly like the markings in the pics. I do not have time to take and post pics right now but if you wish I can forward them to you at a later time. By going off of all the imperfections in your pics, it certainly appears to be a kit rifle. However, it might matter not. Mine is very accurate and I'm happy with it. The only issues I had on mine was the barrel wedges alignment.
No need to take pics. I appreciate your looking over mine.

Back