• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help identifying 2 1860 Army revolvers.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mule Head

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a beautifully finished high-polish blue 1860 with a 4 7/8" barrel. Obvious Italian proof marks have been scrubbed-otherwise typical Colt markings . - ADDRESS SAML COLT NEW YORK CITY- ON TOP OF BARREL. COLTS Patent stamped left side forward on frame. No caliber marking but sn is in all 5 places as normal. By the condition this is not a back yard tinkerer revolver, but I cant believe it is factory since the proofs are scrubbed. Very nicely fitted one piece grips-blond look like ivory?
2nd 1860 is a standard size configuration, marked top of barrel -ADDRESS COL. SAML COLT NEW-YORK U.S. AMERICA-. Left front of frame has Colts
Patent over U.S. SN is normal spots but no SN on cylinder. That is all of the markings-no maker and no proof marks. Would be interested in knowing more about both pieces as they are both in excellent overall finish.

Not knowledgeable on posting pics to the thread. Can send pics by email if that works. My email is: DELETED and I will send by return email.
Thanks
Done.
You might want to edit this post and delete your email address. Would not want some bad actors to get ahold of it…

@Eterry can you help? Thank you.

The Italian revolver is almost certainly an Armi San Marco revolver. Armi San Marco was making barrels for the Colt 2nd gen F series revolvers. The barrels had the Sam Colt address on them. When Colt stopped making the 2nd gen revolvers ASM got stuck with a lot of Colt addressed barrels for different models. ASM marked the underside of the barrels with their markings and put them on their revolvers and sold them. Some made it to the US. Colt filed a complaint with the feds and they put a stop to the import of the Colt addressed ASM pistols.

Back