• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help two recipe's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RemingtonMagnum

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Friends

I am searching for two recipe's? One for pressure canning potatoes an one for Old Fashion Chow Chow? Any help?

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

I've made the chow chow. interesting stuff. was good!

let me see if I can get it to you in a PT.

slice potatoes round[like home fries] leave skin on,pack quart jars with raw potatoes[and onion if you like] cover with boiling water and process in your pressure canner @ 10 lbs pressure for 55 minutes if your over 1000 feet altitude you will have to adjust your cooking time to match your elevation. if your gonna fry them just drain the water and add to skillet. for just plain potatoes for adding to soups or stews, peel, cut in chunks ,raw pack and cover with boiling water and process the same way, a great source for canning info is backwoods home try jackie clays blog, imo she is probally thge queen of canning mike

I remember Mom putting up chow-chow (now I can understand why then Koreans are so fond of that fermented cabbage dish they make - can't recollect name of)
made with cabbage, salt and spice, green tomatos, onion and peppers.

Blizzard of 93 said:
I remember Mom putting up chow-chow (now I can understand why then Koreans are so fond of that fermented cabbage dish they make - can't recollect name of)
made with cabbage, salt and spice, green tomatos, onion and peppers.

Kim-Chee

Latest posts

Back