• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

need info on blacksmith's mark

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridge

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I've carried a small bag axe for years. It's one of my favorite pieces of gear. The only problem is that I bought it off of a trade blanket and have no idea who made. I'd like to know though, because I'd like to give this fella more business.

The head has a quarter moon and a few stars on it, the back of the head is marked "65".

The makers mark is an S inside of a circle.

Anyone know the maker?

I may be wrong but I think that this is the mark of Joe Schell or Shell, Ive seen one of his knives at Allentown this year and I saw his name on tag as maker . Check out TOW click on their updated item listing at the bottom and go to page there are two or three forged knives on there w/s inside circle

:hmm: don't want to be accused of hijacking the question but I'd like to know who uses the mark of a canoe? Was gonna ask ellerbe but don't have a email for him.
Halfstock

Latest posts

Back