• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Negative experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great example of why buying something made in this country is so important.
I hope you get this resolved soon.

Greycat said:
To be honest, I've considered it. However, I don't want to come across as someone who's threatening, or attempting to intimidate them into giving me service. I do want to get my lock at some point :) I have been trying to think of ways to let them know about things without coming across as hostile, but of course, the longer this process goes on, the harder that becomes :p

greycat

Hmm, seems to me that if you notified Traditions customer service department that a general perception of poor service is cutting into sales, they might setup and take notice. I would also email the marketing department. It's not a threat to expect prompt service from the company you paid good money to.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! :cursing:

I just got a response from Traditions via e-mail. The response leaves my mind flat out boggled...here's the first bit

Ken,
The good news is that your gun is here and where it should be.

This I just don't understand, my "gun" is sitting next to my centerfire rifles and shotgun, downstairs in my 'man' room (which the wife avoids like the plague :p ) Maybe they're planning to send me a whole new rifle by way of an apology ?? :confused:

The worst part of the response is as follows

The bad is
that the supplier is back ordered on the part you need. I was informed that
we would be lucky to see it before the end of the year. The part has to be
put into production at the factory. I apologize for any run-around you had.

Still, I have absolutely no expectation of when I might be able to even think about looking for my lock to be returned to me :(

I swear, it's enough to drive a sane person batty :youcrazy:

Guess I'm going to start scrounging and saving to see if I can get enough together for one of those L&R replacement locks......

Greycat

GEES MAN GET ON THE PHONE,COMPUTER PIGEON, WHATEVER!!!! tell them to send your gun back to you NOW! then ya can sell it (depending what it are?) and buy a good lock fer yer gun which by the way is sitting next to your centerfires and shotgun, downstairs in your 'man' room (which your wife avoids like the plague :p) maybe they'll send ya something really neat! now get to it! you have it in writing that they HAVE YER GUN! but...this is just my humble opinion..good luck! RC :thumbsup:

okay greycat, I may have got a tad carried away,,,figurin you be an honest man,,and ya wouldn't wanta sell someone elses gun,if they sent someone elses gun,so DO the same thing,like I said, BUT, hold the gun fer RANSOM!(least till they fix or make yers right...) again, just my[url] opinion..again[/url].. :confused: RC :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you havent done is name the manufacturer that is letting you down. Perhaps if you did someone from that firm might respond.?

justmike said:
One thing you havent done is name the manufacturer that is letting you down. Perhaps if you did someone from that firm might respond.?

Actually, I did that in the initial post, it is Traditions. Actually now, Traditions/Remington, apparently in the same location, at least for muzzleloaders, be they traditional or Inline ::shudder::

I'm really torn now, I almost want to tell them to send me my "gun" back, and I'll deal with the problem on my own. However, i don't want to screw anyone else over. heck, it could be even that someone would be a member here ont eh boards, adn that would just be bad, in addition to immoral..... :(

Greycat

you could only hope it was someone on this boards gun......at least they'd get thier gun back...worst that can happen is they send you a gun,that is someone elses, and I'm sure they'll do right by you to get that gun back to the rightful owner..course if they send it to you, they probably ain't got a clue who the rightful owner is..gees now I'm confused!...again! still! hello, hello? traditions/remington? do you got a gun fer me... :nono: :redface: :redface: :redface: :shocked2:

I would express my displeasure and tell them to ship the lock back, so you can sell the gun and put the money towards a CVA. :haha:

Greycat said:
AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! :cursing:

I just got a response from Traditions via e-mail. The response leaves my mind flat out boggled...here's the first bit

Ken,
The good news is that your gun is here and where it should be.

This I just don't understand, my "gun" is sitting next to my centerfire rifles and shotgun, downstairs in my 'man' room (which the wife avoids like the plague :p ) Maybe they're planning to send me a whole new rifle by way of an apology ?? :confused:

The worst part of the response is as follows

The bad is
that the supplier is back ordered on the part you need. I was informed that
we would be lucky to see it before the end of the year. The part has to be
put into production at the factory. I apologize for any run-around you had.

Still, I have absolutely no expectation of when I might be able to even think about looking for my lock to be returned to me :(

I swear, it's enough to drive a sane person batty :youcrazy:

Guess I'm going to start scrounging and saving to see if I can get enough together for one of those L&R replacement locks......

Greycat

This is fruit loops... :youcrazy: Call them, get an actual repair tech on the phone, have him/her find your part, make sure it is a lock, not an eitire gun and send it back to you... Honestly, I just have the part sent back. At least this way you'd have a complete rifle.
Good luck on getting this resolved.
George

Well, I just sent them what was, I hope, a moderate e-mail, requesting that they return my lock to me. It's a sad thing, because I've always loved this rifle. The lock has always left somthing to be desired, but the rifle has always shot straighter than I can hold it. I've always bragged on it, and while I still might, I will certainly never recommend anyon do anything that requires them to deal directly with Traditions Customer Service....

Greycat

PS- I'll let you know how things turn out....

wonder if that lock would interchange w/ a cva lock? off a mountain rifle or a cva penn rifle? I know there not the same as a cva hawken lock..bigger I think..gotta be a lock that will fit that penn w/o puttin ya in the poor house...course it me nice if TRADITIONS actually fixed their gun themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

Check here to see about a lock. They have Traditions locks and L&R[url] http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm[/url]

sorry, I must have missed something here. I thought you said the factory was in Europe. Is remington in Europe?

I say someone should email them this topic.There's really no excuse for poor service.

I sent them this with my name on it. They won't know who the dissatisfied customer is though. Or, maybe they will figure it out.

I just thought you might like to know what kind of image you are getting in the Muzzleloading community. I sure hope i don't have this much problem getting the parts i ordered. See link below. This is just one muzzleloader forum and there are a lot of them. This forum has over 6,000 members, so you are getting a lot of bad press. Maybe somebody should look into taking a lock off a rifle and sending to this fella.[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/197729/post/new/#NEW[/url]
Rod Kenton

Good boy Reb! it can't hurt to have sent this. they gotta realize people do talk, both positive and negative..which would they prefer?? hope something happens! :thumbsup: RC

Latest posts

Back