• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Negative experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Job!Everyone likes to be told when they are doing a good job it should be the same when work isn't up to snuff.Good luck to both of you.I hope your problems are resolved soon.

Well thanks Reb, for sending that one. I would ahve felt awkward sending it in myself, but maybe now they'll see what kind of reputation this type of service causes.

As to the manufacturer question a couple of posts up. The manufacturer of the parts is located over seas, the Traditions company, is located here in the US, Conneticutt I believe. They have some sort of relationship with Remington now, as if you call the 1-800 number listed on their website, the automated response voice talks you through choosing either Remington or Traditions for service. So basically i tmay just be me assumming that they are together on this, since their support is together via the 800 number....

Oh well, nothing left to do now but wait and see what comes of this....

Greycat

Rebel said:
Check here to see about a lock. They have Traditions locks and L&R[url] http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm[/quote][/url]

These guys are pretty good. I used to roller skate in their store when I was in High School.... :rotf:
Seriously, check out their web site and give them a call and see if the have the lock, or parts for it.

When I have ordered parts from them I have gotten them in at most 5 days. If I needed to return something, they either replaced it or refunded my moeny with no hassle at all.

George

PS,
If any of you are driving across I80, through central PA, they have good prices on Goex

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got a response from Traditions this morning. Actually, I don't even think it qualifies as a one-word response, since it doesn't use any words...

Ken,
OK
Lou
Customer Svc.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see how long it takes to get my lock back to me now. I'll keep you guys updated, and I'll check out that site to see what kind of deal I can get on a lock....

Greycat

Greycat, although a rather(?) short response,at least they didn't tell ya anything.so even though yer further ahead than you were you still don't know exactly where ya are. maybe that email from rebel got'em ta thinkin...maybe rebel knows more than he's lettin on or rebel may know someone who knows someone who just plain knows,and if that's true then we'll all know soon. I just can't wait!!! I'm all aquiver! hope it works out for ya, and that kit on RMC might just work out for,less they fixed it..... :snore: :snore: make sure you let us know... :thumbsup: RC

Nope, i don't know nuttin', just ask my wife. :grin: I just hope it helps. I have some parts ordered from them and was told they have a 1-2 week delivery time, so i will just have to wait and see. Hope they get a lock to you soon Greycat. Good luck.

RC said:
Greycat, although a rather(?) short response,at least they didn't tell ya anything.so even though yer further ahead than you were you still don't know exactly where ya are. maybe that email from rebel got'em ta thinkin...maybe rebel knows more than he's lettin on or rebel may know someone who knows someone who just plain knows,and if that's true then we'll all know soon. I just can't wait!!! I'm all aquiver! hope it works out for ya, and that kit on RMC might just work out for,less they fixed it..... :snore: :snore: make sure you let us know... :thumbsup: RC

Anybody know if RMC sells original Traditions parts or are they made by yet another company?

george, catalog says "from traditions" so must be made by/for traditions I imagine...(always a bad thing) they're the same as the gun are made of..but that's just a guess based on what they said...so I guess actually I don't know if they're made by the same company that makes the guns,,would seem...but..huh....good question george! :thumbsup: RC

Next time take the lock to bass pro or gander mtn and tell the girl at the service counter. They might even pull one off a rifle for you. :hmm:

Grey cat, just wondered if you ever got a lock back from Traditions? Have been trying to get ahold of the supervisor in customer service to complain about a quality control issue but he don't ever seem to be available, and doesn't return my calls when i leave messages. Not a good way to run a business is it.

Rebel said:
Grey cat, just wondered if you ever got a lock back from Traditions? Have been trying to get ahold of the supervisor in customer service to complain about a quality control issue but he don't ever seem to be available, and doesn't return my calls when i leave messages. Not a good way to run a business is it.

Nothing yet, but then, it's only been 8 days, well 9 counting today, but the mail hasn't run yet :p I plan to give them til the end of the week, that should be 2 weeks even. I've I haven't gotten it by then, I'll attempt to call them again. I swear, the more I have to deal with them, the worse it makes me think about them :(

Greycat

Greycat said:
I swear, the more I have to deal with them, the worse it makes me think about them :(

Greycat

Greycat,
Although it isn't much help to you, your posting of your problems with Traditions has helped me decide that I will never buy any of their products. I'm in the market for a new rifle and was looking at the traditions line.
Thanks you foir saving me. :winking:

GeorgeC said:
Greycat said:
I swear, the more I have to deal with them, the worse it makes me think about them :(

Greycat

Greycat,
Although it isn't much help to you, your posting of your problems with Traditions has helped me decide that I will never buy any of their products. I'm in the market for a new rifle and was looking at the traditions line.
Thanks you foir saving me. :winking:

I gotta say, that makes me feel both good and bad. I'm glad you won't have to deal with the drama that I've been going through. However, I'm sad that you'll be missing out on a good quality rifle, because of a poor quality lock, and horrible customer service.

Good luck in your search, and hope you find yourself a fine shooter....

Greycat

Latest posts

Back