• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new 3rd dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
always wanted to have this star put on a grip
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg
. saw it in a book on the Dance pistols.

Oldcorps - "What did you use to attach it to the grip?" - bought some sheet nickel silver and asked the gunsmith to attach two pins to the back but I don't know what else he used to secure it.

That is funny. I wanted the Walker because it was heavy. Granted I shoot mostly from a rest. But I love the heft of it.
I sure like my Walker especially once I got the new front sight mounted and the loading lever latch made and installed.
I really like the long barrel on this revolver and chamber capacity that gives many load options to experiment with.
These were basically multi-shot saddle carbines never intended really for carry on person although many were.
The Dragoons were better suited for personal carry application and had many updates the Walker lacked and are very fine companion revolvers.
I think both the Walkers and Dragoons were made more for mounted cavalry fighting where one could drop a horse as well as rider.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
M de land "Yeah, I would think some pins would be needed as recoil would eventually shock the stars loose from their inlay-ed seats if only glued in. Bet that was some work getting the star contoured to the grip profile then the careful inlay-ment work ."

I think the guy put his heart in it. so the local scuttlebutt goes. I think we a good smith here.
lp

Back