• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New .54 is finished!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtattoo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got the call today, from John Anderson here in Tullahoma, that he'd finished up building my 'Tennessee non-typical' longrifle.

It's a fullstock, has a 42" Octagon to round (and slightly swamped) Colerain barrel. L&R Durrs Egg lock & Davis triggers.
John built it in a style suited to me, rather than following any existing 'pattern'
It's influenced by the Southern Mountain rifles, but it has been altered to suit my own tastes.

The stock doesn't show up particularly well in my shoddy photos, but it's one of the prettiest pieces of Maple I've seen!

2012-01-08_17-02-28_583.jpg

2012-01-08_17-03-23_618.jpg

2012-01-08_17-03-10_461.jpg

2012-01-08_17-03-32_526.jpg

2012-01-08_17-02-52_913.jpg

wow- great looking rifle --- mine is a 'fantasy Southern Mountain' (mainly 'cause it has wierdo inlays- bloodwood and horn).

I really like what you did to the Bean style trigger guard.

Thanks for the post!

Nice boom stick!..cal.? finish type?Send a report when it gets there!
Congrats..you'll be walking tall now.

Beautiful Gun! Spectacular wood, clean lines and I love the octagon to round barrel.

Thanks y'all! :hatsoff:

Got out in the back yard this afternoon to give it it's trial run.
I only loaded light, 50gn of FFG under a .530 ball & .018 patch. I'll get some range time at the weekend to start working on a load (although I may just wait until I've got a hundred of so shots through it) & start dialling it in.

Here's the first 5 at 35yds though. Encouraging so far.....

2012-01-10_15-07-18_889.jpg

Awesome rifle...just wish I could appreciate your "alterations" a little more. Im a newbie and couldnt tell by looking the diference between a Lancaster, Late Lancaster, Southern, Etc. Hey Im learning! Once again great rifle!

Latest posts

Back