• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Arkansas Reg: “Alternative weapons”

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Writing is on the Wall. Mo. has had the Alternative season for about 10 years. We don't have all that Ar. now has allowed. It was all our Pistol & Revolver Hunters wanted in on the quiet season. For me it's not a bother as i hunt all my gun seasons with my ML's anyway.
Many moons ago to get the extra muzzleloader season you had to hunt the entire season including regular firearms with a muzzleloader here in Missouri.
It is much different now during the Alternative Method season you can use an AR-15 pistol if you wish.

So in Arkansas, do you have to buy another tag to hunt the muzzleloading season? Most places I’ve hunted east of the Rockies, which isn’t very many, you buy your standard hunting license. This lets you hunt bow or any kind of firearm. Then you buy a tag which is acceptable to use for bow or any kind of fire.
If that’s the case, I don’t see how making an alternative weapons season really sells anymore hunting licenses or tags…. Really what I have seen is if they want more deer killed and more money they need to just allow you to harvest more deer in a given year by selling more tags….. but on the totem pole of importance people I’m a grain of dirt about 3 feet in the ground.
No sir in most of these States around here. You have to buy a different Permit to hunt archery & firearms, they do not separate M L's from firearms for permit/tag/License purposes. Strange reg's. You get one antlered Buck shoot him in gun season or Alternative season. Doe's tags are supposed to be unlimited, but the County you hunt in has final say on how many you can kill. My county in Mo. allows 4 Doe's & we have 4-5 season periods to hunt for them.

Latest posts

Back