• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Arrival

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi,

Am a full time blacksmith who shoots ML part time...looks like a good board and I look forward to reading and posting. I am in Central Texas and hunt deer and hogs with my rifles.

Anvil
54 Percussion Uberti Hawken
45 Percussion Track of the Wolf Southern Rifle
Several cap-n-balls...

Welcome to you!
It's always great to have a person who has had hands on experiance like yourself, so set yourself down, pour yourself a cup of coffee and jump into the discussions whenever you want to.
This is a friendly place, and were all here to learn more about all aspects of black powder, history and anything that goes along with it.

welcome Anvil:

So, you're a blacksmith?

I always wanted to ask a blacksmith this, do you add preservatives in the iron to keep it from wroughing?
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Glad to have you with us...

Anvil. there are a few more blacksmiths here abouts as well...

You ever forge muzzleloader items, such as vent picks and wall beackets to hang your muzzleloaders on?

Musketman,

I have a good friend that re-enacts with a group of folks that recreate the Texas Independence battles of the Alamo, Goliad and San Jacinto. I'm not a member of that group but I make fire steels, hooks, vent picks, camp tripods, grilles, etc., for them. I am also in the process of building a website that will carry about 50 types of items, some of which will be aimed at re-enactors and folks that are interested in primitive iron products. I should be live in late June or early July so if it's permissible, I can publish a link here. Let me know if you are looking for something specific...Anvil

Anvil: Welcome to the Camp !!!
I'm located on the other side mountains. Glad you found us, I always need help with all aspects of muzzleloading. And that is how I see it with blacksmithing too. Can't wait to see your web site. Anyway, Welcome to the Camp.
Steve (Mtn-Man2u) :)

Back