• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new barrel question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jparsons

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a hawken with a 15/16 lands and a renegade with 1" lands which would be better to put a 54 cal barrel and would the hawken stock hould up to the 54 cal. thanks for any information anyone can give.

Yes the Hawkin will hold up just fine with the 54.

Which is better? :idunno: Six of one, Half Dozen of the other.

The 15/16 will be lighter, I think the choice would be which stock fit's you best or what's more comfortable for you.

Kinda depends on what you want for overall weight as well as muzzle weight. The 1" will be heavier and will feel a lot more muzzleheavy.

Stock design figures too. Hooked butts are good for some and not for others. I like em, but not the high comb on the Hawken. I also like guns with a little less muzzle weight.

No probs on the stock holding up to 54. I shoot my 1" Hawken all the time with 58 and 62 cal barrels.

thanks you for the replies sorry haven't had the time to get back to the site for awhile been busy with the kids and work. I shoot both well this is going to be a hard decision.

Back