• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

70 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend of mine just started to make knives, I believe he's off to a good start. I had to have one. :grin:

IMG_2111.jpg

looks dang good!
I espeacially like the coffin handle...makes it look all the more mean.

Brett

Here's a better look at the handle. This was my first attempt at checkering, something else I need to practice more of.
IMG_2112.jpg

Roy said:
Here's a better look at the handle. This was my first attempt at checkering, something else I need to practice more of.

Not so sure you need any more practice at it. That's pretty impressive checkering. Of course, if you need more practice, I could probably come up with a knife that's a bit smaller than your Bowie. :hmm:

Twisted_1in66 :thumbsup:

If that Bowie is as nice as the picture, that is very good work, but I would suggest that the guard is just a tad too modern in style, if he is going for a traditional look. If he is just starting out, I would say he has the potential to be a great maker if he wants. Few beginners can do that well.

Wick Ellerbe said:
Few beginners can do that well.

Thats what I thought, right before I got one :grin:. I like owning, and using things that friends have made too. I have been using it to clear brush :haha:

Wick: If you have any idea who uses the cartouche of a canoe I'd sure appreciate it if you'd let me know who it is.
Thanks
Halfstock

Back