• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Brass Flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbowman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My new brass flask arrived Thursday and in the afternoon I loaded several 35mm film containers. Yesterday at 8AM I was back shooting again.

My burns are 90% healed after 11days healing time.
Just finished loading film containers for my 50cal and 45cal flinters for Monday's shooting.

Yesterday, I also put my priming flask out of SPARK area after each priming.

Stay safe and shoot straigh.

xbowman

Sorry, meant to say never heard what they were used for in BP. But thanks for the pre-measure info.....

If y9ou still have a 35 mm film camera, the film comes in a small canister- they used to be aluminum, but more recently the ones I have are plastic--- and that is what is used by many shooters to carry pre-measured powder charges to the range. It adds a margin of safety, because you only open ONE cannister at a time, and the powder charge is dumped down the barrel. The rest of the cannisters stay in a box, or bag, until used, and are closed so that NO spark can ignite the powder inside the cannisters.

glad to hear that you're back and making good smoke...

film canisters? wazza film canister??! my film comes in a cute little light proof box, and i put the box of film into the the darkbag, along with the film holders, and then i open the box (you have to do this by feel: if you open the bag to peek in, all the dark leaks out and the film is ruined) ... since the film is 4x5 inch, this isn't nearly as hard as the 'big' film.

one of my children wanted a brand new gadget dripping with accessories and doo-dads, which i eventually did obtain, but only after she had figured out how to use a real camera (i.e 4x5 view with sheet film). now, i usually get stuck with the 35mm and she's mooching the view camera.

gotta have a talk with that kid...

Semisane said:
trent/OH said:
Within a few years we'll have to try to explain what film WAS.

When you do, please type the explanation on an Underwood manual typewriter. :wink:

Just buy a horse! the worm medicine for horses comes in plastic tubes. Once emptied they make great containers for premeasured powder charges, just clean them out and use a tapered doll rod for a plug. ( The oqigional cap tends to fall off and spill the powder.

Latest posts

Back