• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Cherry burl stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finished my new Woodsrunner .54 stock.
The original came with a cherry stock with carving in it. It was pretty but I could just never get used to the carving.
They called me the other day and said they had found a piece of Cherry burl and asked if I wanted it.
I finished it up today. 6 coats of Chambers oil followed by 4 coats of Tru oil. I rubbed the sheen off with a 3-M pad but then put 3 coats of renascence wax and 1 coat of dark wax on it.
It is still a little shiny but I need to wait a couple of weeks for everything to harden up before I try to rub it back again.
Headed to the Texas hill country tomorrow to put it to work.

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    563.9 KB
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    634.7 KB
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    711.9 KB
OOOOOOOOH ---- I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I asked Jim about getting a fancy cherry stocked Woodsrunner and he said that that type of cherry stock does not come up often and I would have to wait until one comes up. Yours is just PERFECT in all aspects---.

Back