• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New England Militia Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is an early 1800s New England militia musket in fine mechanical condition. It has a 42” .69 round barrel and a lock with a roller frizzen. Typical of this type, it is light, has a straight stock, and an iron rammer. If you look closely you can see remnants of wire inlay typical of New England guns at the wrist.
IMG_0974.jpeg
IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0977.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg
IMG_0981.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0985.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    1.6 MB
Thanks for posting Rich. That one is in much better condition than most you see. These muskets are so interesting being stocked with a variety of locks, barrels, and hardware. Whatever was available at the moment.

Rick

As a shooter it’s not got enough drop for me but I was very happy to find it and surprised how light and handy it is. I’ll keep looking for an early New England fowler I can afford. These militia guns are affordable collectibles.

Back