• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New England

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big John,

I make my home in Laconia,NH now. Lived in Rutland in my youth for one short year. Love to get over to St Jays for the primitive biathlon there. Love VT just cause its darn pretty.

Don

R.I here

Your in Vermont Big John? We used to have a camp and 200 acres just outside Springfield, Wethersfield (think thats the right spelling). My family hunted that area from the late 50's to 1991 when the camp was sold.

Saratoga New York, 20 min to hunting camp near sacandaga. :thumbsup:

Grew up in Oxford MA birthplace of Clara Barton. Moved to Wash DC area in 76 the other pole in Clara Barton's life. My folks live on property my father was born on. Grew up on outskirts of town and could shoot off the back porch if it was raining. Will move back to New England in a few short years. Negotiating price on some land in VT. Looking forward to shooting with you folks. GC

Who's from New England?

Grew up on a farm around Ballston Spa, NY (just south of Saratoga), a year in Texas + 3 years in South Carolina during the Viet Nam draft.

Then lived and worked in Columbia, SC...Atlanta, GA...Raleigh, NC...Highland Mills, NY...then back to Raleigh, NC for the past 18 years.

Have always missed the Adirondacks and beautiful scenic country of the whole north east but not all the snow and cold...it's great here year round...hunting is outstanding

Born and raised in Aroostook county Maine. Biggest county east of the Mississippi river. You fit Connecticuit and Rhode Island into it. Now residing in Bangor Maine.

Life long Maine resident here. Born in Portland, live down the road in Scarborough.

Lifelong resident of Taunton Mass, nice area with a history going back to the 1630s.Just started to research the history of the area in the mid 1700s, lots of interesting information at the local historical society, including some firearms and accoutrements from that era.

Very Northeastern Mass.(Haverhill). Right on the NH border in fact,still great hunting but filling fast with development,I hunt all the Mass./NH wma areas within reasonable distance,probably some 20 odd,with lot of grouse cover on private and state land in So NH. great waterfouling on Plum Island in Mass and great bay area in NH all easy drives. Lots of deer but lots of deer ticks and lyme infections in the area,both me and my dog have had it,and many others in the area otherwise the area is great,lots of fodder for my pedersoli 12 ga.. Fishing both fresh and salt are outstanding,lots of trout,bass,stripers,flounder. My city has 3 lakes 3streams and a river stocked with trout,the Merrimac river runs through the center and has everything imaginable both fresh and salt water since the tide affects it in Haverhill.The surrounding areas are loaded with lakes ponds streams with all kinds of fish,not really a bad place to live if you hunt and fish.

harrys

BJ:

I'm in Portsmouth,Rhode Island, but lived spent teen years in Salisbury, VT (high school in Middlebury). A couple of years at UVM, then moved away. Settled in RI when retired from USN. I LOVE NEW ENGLAND!!

v/r, Bluejacket

I've been a Cape Codder for over twenty years, but I grew up way out west by the Connecticut river. I travel a bit you'll seldom find me over on the wrong side of the Hudson! (At least not without my gun :thumbsup:)

Born in Washington County, Maine. Have ancestors from two families that were in Mass. by the middle 1600s. Live in Michigan now, but go back to down east maine every time I get a chance. graybeard

Back