• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Event in NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miki

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Spring Market Fair
April 13-16, 2006

Jay Nix and myself would like to invite you to a unique event being planned in conjunction with the Newbolt White House in Hertford, NC. We are planning a historical portrayal of the time period of 1720-1780.

The site is set on a historical farm that has been standing since 1730. The house was gone through several owners and the site staff is very knowledgeable about the history of the house and the area. We have use of the landing on the Periaug River if you would like to bring your period boat, you will need a NC fishing license if you wish you to do any fishing.

There are a few basic items that you will need to be aware of:

1. Early set-up will be Wed. April 12 only. This id the only day you will be able to access the site with your vehicle all day. On all other days there will be no vehicles allowed on the site during operating hours. There will be a donkey and cart to bring in your gear if you arrive during operating hours. You can bring your vehicle in before or after hours to unload. NO supply runs or moving of wood or water with your vehicle. We need to keep the impact on the site to a minimum.

2. There is no extra cost for traders or sutlers. There will be a $10 per adult camper fee that will include the camp feast, children under 17 are free. We supply the meat; you may bring a covered dish.

3. There is an extra fee for participating in the shoots. There will be rifle, smoothbore, hawk and knife and primitive archery. There will be activities for the children for Easter as well as for fun. There will be Ladies Games also, as well as a period cooking contest to be judged at the feast.

4. We ask that if you can, please volunteer to help with the gate, school tours, range, watch or medical. We are a small group and can use your help.

5. If at all possible please try to have some type of demonstration or talk ready for the school children on Thursday as well as the public that will be visiting on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is a teaching program as well as a historical re-enactment.

We would like to thank you for your help and please contact us if you are planning to attend all fees will made payable to “Newbolt-White House” and mailed to:
Miki Nelson, 417 Richmond Rd., Imperial, Pa 15126
724-695-0834
[email protected]

I know it is a little early to think about it but, when the walls start to close in there is something to do. The work parties for this event will start the second weekend in Jan at the site (Jan 13-14, 2006). And continue till the event weekend.

There will be camping available on the back of the site. So if you need to stay over you can. Please bring chain saws, axes and log splitters if you can. If you can't please still come and help.

For more info or to make sure there will be a work party contact Jay Nix at 252-482-8593 or me via e-mail, [email protected]

Miki

Hello all,
I am sorry to let you know that this event has to be moved to Oct. The date is not final but I will let you know as soon as I the board of directors vote. It will be after the Eastern so those who might be heading down the coast can use it as a stop over.

I will keep you informed,
Miki

Okay we got it all back on track. The event has been moved to Sept 7-10. This will be in conjunction with the town of Hertford's Hearth and Harvest Festival. There will be a parade in town as well as period cooking demonstrations at the Newbolt White House where we will be camping. I am working on setting up a brain tanning seminar also. If you would like for me to forward you a copy of the flyer please let me know. I have updated the website and will keep updating it as things get finalized.

Miki[url] http://www.geocities.com/nbwhevent/index.html[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent last week down in Surry at the Old Virgina Primitive Rifleman Spring Rendevous and met with the Booshway for this event. We are getting the brush cleared out of the woods so we will have a nice shady spot to camp. We also will be having a hands on seminar on brain tanning. Everyone who wants to will get started tanning a piece of hide as well as aoo the knowledge to finish it off and do it again. There is another seminar being planned on period trapping. The Staff will be doing period cooking all weekend long and we are looking into having the local scouts do a food booth fund raiser. It is shaping up to be a good event. I also got to see the new 18th C boat that was finished last year and will be docked on the river. I hope to see you there. If you want to check out our web site:[url] http://www.geocities.com/nbwhevent/index.html[/url] or if you want to attend a work party contact Jay at 252-482-8592

Later all,
Miki

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back