• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Forum User from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy, I joined this group because someone on another forum suggested it. I looked over the general knowledge base on the forum and the way people showed respect to one another had decided to join.

I am a lifelong collector and weekly shooter. I don't get to play with my Black Powder guns as much as I would like, but I am hoping to find a good outdoor range not far that does not frown upon the old black and get back to it. I used to belong to a private range and got out regularly. I am a big fan of shooting black as it just feels right. I have some experience with Black Powder Cartridge and am starting to get into muzzleloaders now.

I collect Victorian Era Guns of Exploration and Adventure. I will make a post soon as I have a technical question and figure this is the group to ask.

I love the history that firearms seem to invoke and holding a rifle or pistol from 150+ Years ago and know that this was used to do adventurous things that are just not possible in today's world is a drug I can't get enough of. My library has 3 books for every gun I own and anytime someone makes a book recommendation, I am all over it.

I am looking forward to conversing with fellow members.

Posting a picture of my new 6-Bore Dangerous Game Gun. The questions I have on that spurred me to join this group. I will make a post here shortly with my question and look forward to being educated.

Jacob
Btw, Turner Kirkland from DGW took a double rifle 6 Bore Muzzleloader to Africa many moons ago. I've read his story; IIRC he didn't have much time to practice before hand and it lead to issues.
Anyway, a great read.
Again. Welcome to the forum.

Back