• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New GM barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Butler

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well Sunday I ordered a drop in GM replacement barrel for my 54 cal. caplock T/C Hawken that I picked up used at a Gun Show for 125.00. I bought the 32" barrel and it dropped right into the stock with no modification whatsoever. Gotta wait till next week to get to the range though and try it out. Then hopefully this Spring I'll take it on a Boar hunt.

Well now, congrats on your new barrel but give us the details man....same caliber???Is it for RB or fast twist? Us Yoopers need to know... :wink:

Yup, same caliber with a 1:70 twist for roundballs. I must say I was really expecting to have to do some modification to the gun or the hammer. Was pleasantly surprised when everything, literally,dropped into place.

Let us know how the new barrel shoots. I am looking at getting the same barrel myself.

I've got a GM barrel for my 50 cal with a 1 in 70 ROT and I love it. It shoots like a charm!

Ihave a G/M 54 32" 1-70 1"t/c drop in ,clover lief 50yrds. 73 gr.3f tripple 7 530 ball 15 billow tick. shoots better than I can hold.one fine barrel.also have t/c 54 1-48 29" same load same results.hope this will help,you deside. :hmm:

I also just ordered 2 green mountains, one in a .32 and the other in a .50. I took the .32 out last weekend ( the 50 was backordered). I didn't even have to move the sights! 35 gr of fffg cloverleafed 5 shots at 25 yds.

Got two of them for my Renegade. A 54 and a 58. Liked them so much that I found a used Renegade stock, took down the comb, re-finished it and put the 58 on it. Thinking about building a stock for the 54 so I can leave the original 54 26" barrel on the kit stock I did 30 years ago. Very accurate barrels at 100 yards.

Latest posts

Back