• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Gonne

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: Hey Teleoceras, see what a little time and clever marketing can do!!! Who knows Claypipe may have been sitting on a new revolution in the shooting hobby?? I think it's the pure simplicity and novelty that draws a lot of the MLF crowd into this. With you I am sure the History and the anachronism was the mechanism that drew you in---I used to shake my head and then the historian in me bit hard and it was off to the races. So far two gonnes and one arquebus does not a collector make, but the collection and desire grows each and every day. When you started, as you said the choice in a manufacturer was severely restricted, as with anything the call for more repros brings out the guys with their lathes and skills. Frankly I haven't visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art since my young days and I have been back to visit their Medieval arms collection twice now ( and I hate traveling into NYC). BTW to my colleague in Nuremberg, your Tannenburg gonne repro has been on my mind for a while now and I just may see if Wes can do this one for me also, beautiful repro---how did you add the colour to the metal??? :v

:bow: Makes me wish I hadn't retired years back. I used to be a professor of Chemistry in a local university---all those chemicals where right there. I had suspected you used a softer metal though the patina looks almost as if the gonne was blued. I will have it made from steel and add a brown colour to the barrel. I am going to e-mail my machinist friend and see what he can do with this. It is such a Historical weapon as far as the gonne is concerned, it needs to be in my collection. Thanks for the quick answer. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back