• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Western NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engravertom

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am just getting back into muzzle loading, and am excited to find this forum.

I am a hand engraver by trade, but would ultimately love to build muzzle loaders, as a hobby, or as a trade. maybe I should be satisfied making a living as an engraver!

I have a wife and 5 kids, and the oldest (13) wants to start hunting this fall. I think we will go for small game with smoothbores. I want to start him out right.

I am scheduled to go out west and hunt Bison in the fall myself, through a deal at work. I'm thinking about taking a ML out there too.

Hope to chat a lot over the course of time.

take care,

Tom

Hello from Western N C and welcome to the MLF, share fotos of your engraving if you have the chance and good luck on your upcoming hunting trip. :hatsoff:

Tom,
Welcome to the MLF,great having you
onboard.Visit often and contribute when you can.
Good luck on your bison hunt.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome!!! Hope you take pics of the Bison hunt. Everyone here would love to see them. :hatsoff:

Welcome to the forums.Yeah make sure you take pictures of the hunt.Very interested!

Welcome Tom, I too would enjoy some pics, but then most of us here are like kids in the candy store, We just love to look at pictures!! Again good to have you onboard, look forward to chatting with you.

A big welcome from the other side of the Big Pond,Tom :wink:
5 kids, and still the boss in the house? :hmm:
:hatsoff:

Tom
I am orginally from the southern tier of NYS and have worked in most places upstate before retiring and moving to the high desert of NM. I just love it here and hope to hunt elk next year.
I am also getting back into shooting my muzzle loaders of which I have a few a .32 caliber, a .36 caliber and a .54 in rifles and a .36 caliber, .31 caliber and a .45 caliber in revolers and a muzzle loading shotgun. My stuff is at least 30 years old and I just love shooting them.
As others have said welcome from one newbie to another newbie

Hello Tom,

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum. I have a 13 year old very interested in doing some hunting as well.

Welcome again!

Silas :hatsoff:

Involve your youngsters in your hobby. You will remember it as the happiest days of your life.

Back