• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Saltillo, MS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wittzo

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Frog Island, specifically..

I cut my teeth with a Pietta "replica" '58 Remington NMA in stainless casting my own balls after the first hundred store bought. Making my own lube, wads, lubed wads, and grease pills using Gatafeo's formula from thehighroad.com forums.

I then bought a .62" double barreled caplock from MVTC with no ill effects, casting my own .60" balls and loading with roundball,buck, bird, and steel shot.

'Bout a month ago, I stumbled upon some deals on some Civil War replicas. An Armi Sport .54 Mississippi Rifle, a .58 Dragoon Pistol Carbine, and a Euroarms .69 smoothbore 1842 Springfield musket. I've been casting roundballs and minie balls for all of them. I've also been making paper cartridges for the two longarms. I don't have a local supplier for real blackpowder, I've been making do with Triple Seven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Wisconsin! Congratulations on your "find", a nice selection of firearms.

wittzo,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back