• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint54

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy Gents,

Its been a long time since I have been involved in the sport due to many reasons. I am now doing a lot of research for my upcoming project. Generally speaking I am going to go full bore and build a rifle from scratch. Before i take the first file stroke or chisle out the first piece of wood I'm gathering information.

The Gunshop at Colonial Williamsburg is my retreat about once a month. George Suiter is a fantastic source of information and assistance. The begining of the month I was fortuante to be involved in the charcoal bluing of a barrel & breech plug. I now have confidence in doing this myself down the road.

If anyone has any information on Simon Lauck 1760 - 1815 and possibly any pictures / measurements of any of his rifles that you can send me it would be greatly appreciated. Also I would like to know where I may be able to see and possibly photograph any of his pieces if they are within reasonable distance from me in Elizabeth City, NC. I am planning a trip to Winchester, VA this winter to his shop.

Also does anyone have a source for hickory splits for making rods.

Thanks for your time and effort, BK / Flint54 :thanks:

Back