• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Roach Belly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks:
Here's a Roach Belly I just finished. I'm debating whether to leave the sheath as is or make a new Mountain Man style with the X stitches and sash slot? I need to touch up the cutting edge yet. What do y'all think? I haven't made any knives in awhile so I figured this would be a good start.
Two Feathers

Attachments

• New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 001.JPG
    New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 001.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 5
  • New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 002.JPG
    New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 002.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 0
  • New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 003.JPG
    New Roach Belly 08-03-2024 003.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 0
That’s a beautiful set up just the way it is.
Gtrubicon:
Thanks for the kind words. Here's another one I just finished. It's a Buffalo Hunter/Skinner Fur Trade era knife. I haven't got a sheath for it yet, but I'm thinkin'. :dunno: o_O Hopefully I'll get it all done soon enough to list.
Oh, this Roach Belly was a custom order. It's gone.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Buffalo Skinner 08-2024 001.JPG
    Buffalo Skinner 08-2024 001.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Buffalo Skinner 08-2024 002.JPG
    Buffalo Skinner 08-2024 002.JPG
    466.9 KB · Views: 0
Can’t go wrong with a “Two Feathers Roach Belly”!!! Got this one from him just when he got back to doing what he does best and can’t be happier!!! It’s now done 4 hogs 2 turkeys a few deer and numerous small game!!! Just hit it on ceramic sticks once in a while and it stays super sharp!!! Make yourself happy and get one!!! Reds

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Can’t go wrong with a “Two Feathers Roach Belly”!!! Got this one from him just when he got back to doing what he does best and can’t be happier!!! It’s now done 4 hogs 2 turkeys a few deer and numerous small game!!! Just hit it on ceramic sticks once in a while and it stays super sharp!!! Make yourself happy and get one!!! Reds
Hopefully this coming up b season I'll get to use mine on a hog or deer!

Hey Reds:
I'd been wondering how you folks were doing down there, given all the storms in the last year?
I hope the Charter Boat business is thriving. Good to hear that you're getting some use out of that Roach Belly. :~)))
If you need anything else just holler. I'm sorry that the blade needs sharpening occasionally? I should perfect my heat treating process? :dunno: :oops:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks:
For what it's worth. I plan on making a few more of these before Winter. Once it gets Cold I don't like standing out in it to use my forge.
The next batch will have my signature Mountain Man style sheath. I'm thinking about using Copper rivets along with the "X" stitching.
What do y'all think? Input doesn't count as commitment. Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

No No the blade is great. I just keep that Shaving Edge on it all the time. Only reason it looses it is from me using it for cuts I probably should not be using it for. But it does it all and I don’t have to switch, not a lot of time when it seems to always be 80 or higher down here! Reds

I don't have one of Two Feathers (yet), but my good buddy Fred (GSML) does and he loves his. I have a Knives of The North Hudson Bay Roach Belly. A lot of guys don't like 1095. You can get it shaving sharp. Can cut tomatoes like on a TV commercial with it.

I don't have one of Two Feathers (yet), but my good buddy Fred (GSML) does and he loves his. I have a Knives of The North Hudson Bay Roach Belly. A lot of guys don't like 1095. You can get it shaving sharp. Can cut tomatoes like on a TV commercial with it.
I do love mine. Although I haven't used on anything game yet, I have used on a couple hunks of beef, pork, and some veggies.
I would have used it on my squirrels but I was so excited over my first kill with PRBs I didn't think about my Roach Belly. I have a few knives that are 1095. I like them. The key thing is to do like Reds said Keep it sharp. I'll us a knife for a few cuts then take it to the crock sticks or a fine stone.
Two Feathers makes some quality Accoutrements for sure.

I have several of Dave's (two feathers) knives and could NOT be happier! He does a great job and offers a quality product at a discounted price. If you're thinking about getting a knife, do it! You will not be disappointed!
Thanks Rodd:
Yep, you have bunch of my knives and other work. Thanks for being a great customer and friend.
God bless:
Dave "Two Feathers"

Looks perfect, sheath and all. I've been watching for one of your roach belly's to show up in the classified. The last knife I bought from you has probably field dressed and skinned at least 20 deer! (Crop damage tags) Put me down for one of those new knives!

Back