• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visited with my mother and borrowed her fabric cutter to make a pile of shooting patches.

View attachment 347314

I'm meeting up with a friend for some shooting so I lubed up 20 of them with bear oil, a bottle bottle of which I bought at the Gunmakers Fair at Kempton this summer.

So naturally when I drove out to my friend's place today I forgot to put my shooting bag that had some of these patches in my truck before I left. Thankfully, I had my range box with me so could still shoot and a good time was still had.

There's always next weekend.

Purchased a new 50 caliber Plains Pistol by Investarms. Planning on heading to the shooting range tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
I keep hearing about from you fellows that there are #11 caps at Walmarts? My wife decided to go to Walmarts and as usual asked if I needed anything? I nsaid I would go with her to see if they had any caps. I did and they did! $5.62 a tin! It shook me up so bad I had a uncontroled bowel movement ! My wife screamed and I heard the Walmart worker yell another ckean up on aisle five! Looks like it is a common occurence these days? LOL!
I've gotta check when going on country drives, to stop in at Wally's to check; they don't have them in areas closer to urbans, and no firearms, either. If this electric car thing don't work out, imagine if cars powered by percussion caps happened! Then, there'd really be a shortage!:p

Refreshed the forum a bunch hoping for private messages about my Colonial, I'm itching to start a new kit but one needs to go before another comes in! Ah well, patience grasshopper.

Also got a sad feeling in my tummy when I saw the weather report for Friendship this weekend :( looks like a bunch of rain (we need it, but dang).

Got it done.
sweet!
today was one of those days. actually started yesterday.
I was assigned the task of picking green beans by the overseer. We have had extraordinary numbers of yellow jackets this year. I thought I had a truce with them but one had a mad on about something and stung me on the wrist.
spent the better parts of my teens deathly allergic to the various bee venoms and had to take years of shots to mitigate that.
let me just say my teens are the better part of a century behind us, and i reacted poorly(from my point of view). arm doubled in diameter. Popeye would have loved that forearm.
anyway, today i got up from a Benadryl stupor and thought to make a new RR for my SMR.
had the first one tapered and stained. tripped and snapped it in two.
didn't even curse.
got the second tapered and threaded for the end piece I use. ( oh yeah, i had to burn out the residual threaded piece still stuck in the end piece. actually got a nice fire blue on it). the grimlins had set me up.
put the end piece on and pinned it. went to check for length and fit. i taper one end of my rods and have the threaded end piece come flush with the muzzle.
slid the rod in. it fit snug. grabbed the end at the muzzle and pulled it off!:doh::doh::doh:
got the remaining rod out and started another. broke it in the middle.
i am going outside and kill something.

sweet!
I was assigned the task of picking green beans by the overseer. We have had extraordinary numbers of yellow jackets this year. I thought I had a truce with them but one had a mad on about something and stung me on the wrist.
spent the better parts of my teens deathly allergic to the various bee venoms and had to take years of shots to mitigate that.
let me just say my teens are the better part of a century behind us, and i reacted poorly(from my point of view). arm doubled in diameter. Popeye would have loved that forearm.
anyway, today i got up from a Benadryl stupor and thought to make a new RR for my SMR.
didn't even curse.
got the second tapered and threaded for the end piece I use. ( oh yeah, i had to burn out the residual threaded piece still stuck in the end piece. actually got a nice fire blue on it). the grimlins had set me up.
put the end piece on and pinned it. went to check for length and fit. i taper one end of my rods and have the threaded end piece come flush with the muzzle.
slid the rod in. it fit snug. grabbed the end at the muzzle and pulled it off!:doh::doh::doh:
Mama said there would be days like these; but sheeeeeeesh!

Cheers, feeling for you.

Pete

Refreshed the forum a bunch hoping for private messages about my Colonial, I'm itching to start a new kit but one needs to go before another comes in! Ah well, patience grasshopper.

Also got a sad feeling in my tummy when I saw the weather report for Friendship this weekend :( looks like a bunch of rain (we need it, but dang).
I was looking at weather for friendship as well! It doesn’t look promising for camping this weekend!!

Mama said there would be days like these; but sheeeeeeesh!

Cheers, feeling for you.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I came into the house and sat and stewed for an hour.
finally got my temper under control and went back to the ram rod project. 45 minutes later i was putting the finish on it. turned out great.
anger is a good motivator, but calm gets things done.

I bought the coolest little brass flask that is wrapped in stamped leather. The stopper is the best part- it is a trimmed case for a 40-65. I think itll be a primer flask.

I dont think it is an actual antique as much as something loved by an old timer but, I always love finding something real.

P.S. I lied. It is a new ball bag for my .40 pouch. I dont know why it didnt occur to me before… magically a .389 ball rolls perfectly. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4952.jpeg
    IMG_4952.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
packing up for the regular monthly shoot. This shoot and October are the last for the season

CANNON VALLEY MUZZLELOADERS
SATURDAY September 14TH 9 AM APPROXIMATE Start
We don't discriminate all are welcome as long as it loads from the
muzzle
$10 registration, kids shoot free. .50 relays winner takes half the
pot
Summer is over come out a blow the cobwebs out of your gun and get ready for huntin
AT AHLMANS GUNS IN MORRISTOWN MN.
9525 230TH.ST. W.
MORRISTOWN MN
CALL Lynn 612 250 5943 or Deryk 612 388 4249

sweet!
didn't even curse.
Some days it’s not worth chewing through the restraints…

Latest posts

Back