• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Shooter/First Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you've got the fever it seems highly likely you will soon end up with a 36 caliber, a 54 caliber, a 45 caliber, a 58 caliber, and depending on whatever remnants from past life regressions that emerge in the near future: a double barrel, a fowler, a blunderbuss, etc and we are not even talking of the flintlock pistols you'll be getting excited about!

Just a-thinkin'.

Flintlocks rule the earth! :wink:

Thanks GranpaJ”“I did order a stainless for the range but not the gun. If I break the next wood one maybe brass'll be the way to go. Or, I could find some tougher wood, maybe. Some of the archer's claim poplar holds up real well for arrows.
Zoar, I have to admit I've considered all those guns at one time or another already. Each in several styles, let's not forget! And let's not forget cannons, either!! :thumbsup: Or a hand mortar . .or a regular mortar . . and a fort to keep it all in!!!

Nope, never forget cannons, nor MORTARS. Nothing like lobbing a big-o-mortar ball a half mile onto the next corn field!

HA! I was just editing as you wrote that. A mortar might be something not too tough to make, and would be an excellent noisemaker. Soup can size would be pretty good. Bowling ball size would be better.

CivilWarMortar.jpg

Is that about right?

I'd say that's just about right. Yup! :thumbsup: Just the thing for the Fourth of July.

Back