• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New TC Hawken Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little while back I purchased a new old stock TC Hawken 15/16" 50 caliber barrel, finally swapped the Green Mountain barrel and took it out to the range. I wanted a barrel for shooting the Maxiballs that I cast. Shot only at 50 yards, but 2 of 3 were touching and the other was 1" away after getting the sights adjusted. Load was 80gr of Swiss FFg, over powder wad, and homemade lube, lit by an RWS cap. Tried a couple of round ball, shot so high I almost couldn't find them, but that is what I have the Green Mountain barrel for, and it is what I am planning to use for the mule deer tag I have for November 2-7, the Maxi is if I ever get to hunt elk. Another good day of shooting.

Dave

Back