• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering how our squirrel hunters in Helene's path are faring??
Good friend of ours on here, Fred (Gum Slough Muzzleloader), told me the DNR is/has closed a lot of the public hunting areas. I'm hoping round 2 for those folks isn't as bad. I kinda feel like a schmuck, I'm complaining about several days of rain, while folks down there are having their homes flooded. Excuse my poor behavior.

Left hand half-stock smoothbore? Very cool. Post some pics and details , weight, etc, for us!
Sure thing! It’s my first fowler (it ain’t easy finding left-handed anything). Bought it used off Track of the Wolf. 12 gauge with an integral modified choke. Walnut stock. 6.6 lbs. Been experimenting with loads based on all the forum suggestions. Good results so far with 2F, Corn Meal, #6 shot, over shot card, but open to any and all suggestions. Good hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_4712.jpeg
    IMG_4712.jpeg
    3.5 MB
Sure thing! It’s my first fowler (it ain’t easy finding left-handed anything). Bought it used off Track of the Wolf. 12 gauge with an integral modified choke. Walnut stock. 6.6 lbs. Been experimenting with loads based on all the forum suggestions. Good results so far with 2F, Corn Meal, #6 shot, over shot card, but open to any and all suggestions. Good hunting!
Thanks Lead Mosquito. Very cool weapon. Light, versatile, all business. My next will be a smoothbore.

Sounds like a good day. I'm with you on the eyesight. I've had to either pot fiber optic sights, or paint my irons. I still have just as much fun missing them though. Ever quits raining here, I'd like to get out some more before deer season opens up.
My man Snakebit;
I know all about eye problems. I am 81 and have glaucoma. I have a
n implant in my left eye and 3 stents. This eys has had a total of
Sounds like a good day. I'm with you on the eyesight. I've had to either pot fiber optic sights, or paint my irons. I still have just as much fun missing them though. Ever quits raining here, I'd like to get out some more before deer season opens up.
Mr. Snakebit,
I too have eye problems. I am 81 and have glaucoma. My left eye has an implant and 3 stents, a total of 5 surgeries. It is my good eye. My right eye has 1 implant, 1 stent, 2 surgeries, it is my shooting eye. I can't shoot left-handed because my pacemaker is in the pocket of my left shoulder. I can't line up the sights and a target with my right eye. It is impossible. I had my gunsmith tap the barrel of a .50 cal. Traditions flinter and a .36 cal. Dixie Flinter to install red dot sights. Please don't shout "Stone him. Stone the infidel". I didn't like to do this. I have many modern firearms but no longer want to use them. These 2 rifles and my .62 cal. TVM flint smoothbore will take me too the end.

As we age, we face the most difficult time of our lives. Most solutions aren't pleasant, but they are solutions. Perhaps there is another forum member who is willing to try this solution as opposed to quit shooting. These red dots really work.
Best regards,
Pete

Latest posts

Back