• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to me TC Hawken Questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAN - GA

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I picked up another Hawken today - want to describe it and see if you guys can identify modifications or period correct items.
1. Patchbox inlet is about 1/2" off butt plate
2. Triggerguard is color case hardened
3. Serial number is 2553 - breech plug and barrel numbers match
4. Bottom side of barrel is a proof similar to the Nazi swastika (sp?)
5. Stock feels very heavy with barrel removed much more than my other TC Hawken
6. Barrel says "CAL 50" and the Thompson Center name & location is stamped in big print with no other warnings listed
7. Single screw brass nosecap

Other than the above it is in superb condition with very nice bore

Is this a very early gun and what year would it possibly date to? I intend to shoot it and use it, but treat it with respect

All indications are that of an early production gun. The earliest one's that I have seen, had 4 digit serial numbers, with that proof mark. However, I have never seen a case hardened trigger guard. All the early Hawken's had brass trigger guards. The stock has a more pronounced cheek rest and what appears to be a higher comb. I never noticed any weight difference, but I have never weighed them for comparison.

2009? :haha:

ok..j\k...1970. Only first year guns had case colored tg's..

thank you Bubba .50 for that knowledge :grin:

bpd303 I see your from way up north Arkansas - very pretty up there - I grew up in Little Rock area out in the country - been in north suburb fringes of Atlanta since 2000 - an I miss home though - Arkansas is definitely the "Natural State"

JReb your close if your ever in the North GA area let me know I have a place to make some smoke if you like to ring steel

Sounds like one heckuva good time, and thats a really nice invite. :thumbsup: Thanks very much and come some some free time this spring i'd love to do just that. Thanks again!

Man GA said:
bpd303 I see your from way up north Arkansas - very pretty up there - I grew up in Little Rock area out in the country - been in north suburb fringes of Atlanta since 2000 - an I miss home though - Arkansas is definitely the "Natural State"

JReb your close if your ever in the North GA area let me know I have a place to make some smoke if you like to ring steel

And "Howdy" from another Arkie. About an 80 mile neighbor to BPD. :)

Back