• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Muzzleloaders!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoryWriter85

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Ryan and I’m new to this forum. A year ago I began reading about muzzleloaders and percussion revolvers as research for a frontier-era novel I’m writing. In my reading (and many YouTube videos) I became fascinated with these historic pieces and now hope to own a few someday.

I’m 39 and have never owned a gun of any kind. I joined the forum to learn more about black powder guns for my story, but also to understand them for myself. I’m looking forwarding to learning all I can, and am excited to shoot some of these someday!

I joined the forum to learn more about black powder guns for my story, but also to understand them for myself. I’m looking forwarding to learning all I can, and am excited to shoot some of these someday!
Welcome to a very addictive fascinating hobby.
This short little video will help you get started:

Welcome from Missouri
I would recommend you find a club.
I started in the 1970s and clubs were everywhere
Today not so much, you may look at a bit of drive to one, but you’ll be more popular then the new girl in school and all the boys gathered round.
There is nothing like a newbe at a club and all the gizzeled old timers trying to show you how to use your gun.
Beware
Black powder is more addictive then meth, but it doesn’t rot your teeth
Monkeys been on my back these fifty years, but he’s a good little guy

Welcome from Missouri
I would recommend you find a club.
I started in the 1970s and clubs were everywhere
Today not so much, you may look at a bit of drive to one, but you’ll be more popular then the new girl in school and all the boys gathered round.
There is nothing like a newbe at a club and all the gizzeled old timers trying to show you how to use your gun.
Beware
Black powder is more addictive then meth, but it doesn’t rot your teeth
Monkeys been on my back these fifty years, but he’s a good little guy
Appreciate it! Would it be strange to join one if I don’t own any black powder guns yet? I’d love to find a club but can’t afford to buy one at the moment. At this point I’m just learning about them.

Latest posts

Back