• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarrOut

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and excited to join this community! I'm from Wisconsin. I've been getting into muzzleloading recently and currently use a Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Percussion Rifle .50 cal. I'm eager to learn more about load data, maintenance tips, and any experiences you all have with similar setups. Looking forward to engaging in some discussions and learning from all of you!

welcome from Idaho!
Now go out and buy a grease gun along with a zirk that will fit your nipple threads.
Also throw out any powder substitutes.
next buy some Ballistol, if you can find it.
next a trip to JoAnns fabric store armed with calipers.
Oh yeah, only use boiling water to clean the bore, unless you use tipid, or cold.
Only use spit for patch lube. unless you use windex. or olive oil and bees wax. or bears fat rendered at exactly 115* give or take 80* blended 50/50 with bees wax. unless you blend it 60/40, 40/60, 35/...........
never use a brush in your bore, unless it is smaller than the bore.
never take out the cleaning screw in the bolster. unless you do for cleaning, packing the flash channel to expel that dry ball you were never going to do. Oh wait you have a grease gun.
never blow down the bore unless you want to be assured of a clear ignition channel, or you just can't take reading my post any longer.

Latest posts

Back