• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the ML forum from Troy, NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrewarM70

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Ian Smith here. My brother (hunterlawyer) steered me to this forum, so here goes.

I own a T/C New Englander .50 caplock, with a 12 gauge barrel about to be on order for it. Also own a .54 Lyman GPR with the 1:66 roundball twist barrel. Have been messing about with muzzleloaders for the last 12 years or so, and have decided to make it more than the occasional hobby that it's been for me.

Starting with my T/C, I hope to make my muzzeloaders into my primary means for putting venison and birds in the freezer.

Biggest, specific challenge that I see right now -getting that big GPR flinter to fire reliably. It's a very accurate rifle, so it definitely has potential. I'll not take up space in this post defining accuracy, load, etc. but will post on those subjects as soon as I have researched the archives of this forum.

Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Ian,
Welcome to the MLF glad you found your way
here. Lots of friendly folks and information
at this site. Visit often, contribute when you
can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

PrewarM70: Welcome to the Camp!!

Glad you found us,:thumbsup: enjoy yourself and have fun.
Take Care, Mtn-Man2u

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Back