• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the smokepole game

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I procured a T/C "Hawken" from my father and I've been playing around with it. So far its been a great time and a fun experience. I've looked around the forum for some months now and decided to join and be a supporting member. I'm glad to have this forum as a resource.

Now the backstory on how I got the Hawken from my dad. He got it probably 25 years ago in a deal where he bought several guns from a guy and the seller threw it in to sweeten the deal. It came with all the accoutrements in a nice wood box but he never shot it. Never got into black powder. I put one shot through it about 15 years ago, cleaned it and never gave it another thought. A few months ago I went to visit my family for a weekend and he had it as a wall hanger in the living room as nothing more than a conversation piece. At this point I had wanted to get into muzzleloaders to take advantage of better hunt seasons and draw odds. For three days I offered him money for it and offered trades of all sorts but he wouldn't budge. Finally, at 4:30 am the morning I was leaving, he caved and asked if I was taking it back to Idaho with me. "Heck yeah" I responded and made the 730 mile trip back home with a new to me T/C Hawken in .50 cal. When I touched off the first load of fresh powder and sent that patched ball downrange I was hooked. It sure turns heads when I shoot it at the range.

Back