• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New wedge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Coffins

69 Cal.
Reaction score
This pistol’s wedge was missing so rather then ordering one then have to fit it I made one from a piece of brass. The part that does the work is made to a close fit to the escutcheons, then a head was filed to a shape that suits me. Then it was fitted to the gun so it can be pressed into place and removed by hard finger pressure. The head also is tilted top to bottom to better conform to the stock.
IMG_0611 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0612 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

This pistol’s wedge was missing so rather then ordering one then have to fit it I made one from a piece of brass. The part that does the work is made to a close fit to the escutcheons, then a head was filed to a shape that suits me. Then it was fitted to the gun so it can be pressed into place and removed by hard finger pressure. The head also is tilted top to bottom to better conform to the stock.
Not too shabby for a feller that lives in Colorado😂 :thumb:
Larry

Latest posts

Back