• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie checking in!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan24

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have been a lurker on here from time to time. I currently reside in Southern Nevada. I am avid shooter. I have never owned or shot a muzzleloader though (shame on me! :nono: ). I finally decided to take the plunge and I bought a Pedersoli Brown Bess. I am involved in Appleseed and thought the Brown Bess would make a great exhibition at the Appleseed shoots and a fun way to learn muzzleloading. However, I am now finding just how deep the rabbit hole goes, but doing it the hard way. I look forward to asking many, many questions and the responses from experienced members! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Spartan24 said:
... I am now finding just how deep the rabbit hole goes, but doing it the hard way. ...

:hmm: that sounds familiar ...

Anyway, welcome to the camp!

Dan C

Welcome to my camp Newbie. You are farther ahead than I am. I've had many guns amd hunted since a kid but have just taken a serious interest in the old flintlock rifles. This forum seems like a good place to get some real hands on instruction.

Welcome to the MLF ! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Pull up a stump and start asking those questions that seem to be on your mind.

:hatsoff: Howdy and welcome to the site.If'in ya gotta start someplace this be it.Ya can't find any better,i betcha. :)

We are glad to have you here. This is...no joke...the best ML forum out there and the folks here are so helpful they'll darn near knock themselves out trying to answer your questions!
Join in the fun!

Hi and welcome! You know, we ALL started out exactly like you, and with the help of others we garnered all the knowledge needed to get started. Over time we have become somewhat experienced and welcome the chance to help others.

Back