• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie mishap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my discharger a couple of weeks ago to clear a revolver cylinder.Got a new Uberti 3rd Model Dragoon and when I took it out for a test drive, the.454 balls that I use in my 1860 Army seemed too small(wasn't gettin a full circle of shaved lead). I bought a box of .457's and decided to try them out w/o powder first before loading em up at the range and then wishin I hadda. I seated a .457,got the full circle of lead and then removed the cylinder. I then backed out the nipple enough to fit the discharger and pushed.POW! The ball came out and into an old sheet on the floor,just as planned. I bought this discharger about 25 years ago. The brand name is Pollack Manufacturing Co. Can't locate em now so they must be out of business.The only drawback to it is that it uses the 8 gr.co2 cartridge which is not easy to find. I keep it and several spare co2 cartridges in my bp range box.

there is a lever type helper you can use on the ramrod to pry with with 10 gr that should not hurt the barrel at all if it did the barrel was bad to begin with the powder did not go off becaause the nipple was probably pluged and i have been muzzle loading for thirty years and never dry balled just procedure powder patch ball

Back