• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redtick hound

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What a fine and dandy site you all have here. I'm not new to muzzleloading-been doing that since 15 when my Pa bought me a Mississippi rifle to shoot-but am a virgin when it comes to rough kit building.I'm looking to build something my ancestors would have used in the North Carolina hills back in 1780. Thinking along the lines of a modest Virginia rifle from Tenn Valley, Pec. River, or Early Rustic Arms. Probably will have to buy a bit from several sources if I want any "poor boy" influence to show. Anyways, I've a forum to read so nice meeting you all.

you should look on track of the wolf for the mountains of tenn. to the hills of nc rifle it is good looking

Welcome to the forum. We are a happy group here. Anytime you want to jump in, do so. We will give all the help we can. We would like it if you helped whenever the mood strikes. Hope it strikes often.

Welcome Coonhound Man:

Glad you found this site and hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Good luck with the rifle project. Some of these guys are real artists when it comes to building muzzle loaders and I'll bet they can help.

Again, welcome.
jack

Hi, Jim Chamber kits are good for beginners. Easy to assemble and parts are high quality. :eek:ff: Anyhow, welcome to the forum.

coonhound man,
Welcome to the forum, glad to have
you with us. Be sure and check out the "Builders Bench"
forum, lots of information there to help you out. Hope
you will join in and contribute whenever you can.
Again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Coonhound Man, welcome to camp. Say your folks were in the Carolinas in the late 1700's? My folks came into Tennessee (Blount Co.) about 1784 from York Co., PA. I have been fortunate to find enough information about my people that I have tracked down two signed rifles made by my fifth-great uncle, Joseph Bogle. There is also one rifle that was built by the Beene's and restocked by J. Bogle. They are featured in two volumes of Jerry Noble's books, "Notes on Southern Longrifles". That's where I've turned to get the influence for my next rifle. I think that it would be a hoot to build a replica of my kin folk's handy-work. They're pure, po-boy, mountain rifles.

You people always so nice and welcoming? Gettin' scared now!

No need to be scared, we try real hard to set ourselved above the other forums...

You will come to find out that this is the norm hereabouts, makes for a nice place to visit...

Glad to have you coonhound man...

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back