• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice day to be out.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdeano

32 Cal.
Reaction score
......chasing squirrel's!!! It was about 35*, calm, and sunny and the squirrel's were out as well. My brother and I seen 7, and got 5 of them. I shot 3 with the Crockett .32 while he shot a pair with the TC 12ga. Ironically, I missed one with the 12ga :hmm: and he missed one with the .32 :haha: so those 2 made it for another day.

Here's a pic with me on the right and my brother on the left.

100_2090.jpg

I had seen the patterns for the blanket coat's while browsing the forums. Well, the other day I was cleaning out my gun room and came across one of my surplus wool blanket and I forgot all about the cleaning :rotf: Put that one together in ~6hours....not bad with everything being sewn by hand. My brother is planning on starting a grey one for his self tomorrow. Unless I can talk him into chasing squirrel's again. :haha:

Sounds like a great day! I wish the squirrels around here were that size. :thumbsup:

What do you have for squirrel's out there....grey's?

We have grey's and black's here in the northern part of the state, but the Fox squirrel's are most prevalent in this part of the state...

In Ontario, Kanada we have Blacks and Greys as well. Have never seen a fox squirrel in Ontario. For the western guys without Squirrels these are the same and both color phase can come out of the same nest. These pictures and stories are driving me crazy. I am still waiting on a custom 40Cal. No squirrel hunting for me until the last weekend in September now.

Pat Cameron

P.S. Thanks for ALL the pictures and stories.
Deer, Squirrel etc....

Finest kind!

Reminds me of how a friend and I used to squirrel/bunny hunt. He had a three shot Rem 878 Wingmaster and I had .32 Dixie TN Mt. rifle so sitting game was the .32 and moving game was the 12; and we'd swap every so often. Worked great. Would have been all the more better with two muzzleloaders.

Back