• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice going away shot...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah HA! Then, I'm not the only cheap-n-easy guy who somtimes uses multiple overshot cards for an overpowder wad, right!?

Nice bird and, aawww, puppy.

Card wads, trade gun, little doggie and a woodcock; that's about as good as you could want. :thumbsup:

hanshi said:
Card wads, trade gun, little doggie and a woodcock; that's about as good as you could want. :thumbsup:

yes sir, this bird would of meant nothing shot with a breech loader but to do it with a flintlock......priceless! And with an un-tuned lock....working on that!

B.

Alden said:
Ah HA! Then, I'm not the only cheap-n-easy guy who somtimes uses multiple overshot cards for an overpowder wad, right!?

Nice bird and, aawww, puppy.

Cheap and practical I say!
But I sure wish I had a few fibers with me laced with olive oil my barrel was crudded as bad as a crudded thing can get!
I should of on the first shot put a huge blob of patch lube between the the first cards to keep things soft!

B.

Just curious, did you go the route of just using a few OS cards because it wouldn't pattern with lubed wool or fiber cushion wads?
I've had good luck using a couple of 1/8" OxYoke wool wads (prelubed with their Wonder Lube 1000) in a couple different 20ga Flintlocks (GM and Rice barrels)...helps with the fouling a lot.
Then oddly, a 42" 28ga Rice barrel patterns better with a full 1/2" Circle Fly prelubed fiber cushion wad.
Smoothbores are a whole world unto themselves, eh

hanshi said:

I'm thinking I am going to need to get a smoothbore. The coyotes have the rabbits busting close but once they run there's no stopping. Sure puts the .32 to the test, that cotton tail zipping through the sage and never stopping till it goes to hole.

:idunno: How did that sound? I'm going over my lines, for when I have to explain the new gun to the wife :wink:

Sean Gadhar said:
hanshi said:

I'm thinking I am going to need to get a smoothbore. The coyotes have the rabbits busting close but once they run there's no stopping. Sure puts the .32 to the test, that cotton tail zipping through the sage and never stopping till it goes to hole.

:idunno: How did that sound? I'm going over my lines, for when I have to explain the new gun to the wife :wink:

Not bad....just blame the yotes but be aware...they are addictive!

B.

roundball said:
Just curious, did you go the route of just using a few OS cards because it wouldn't pattern with lubed wool or fiber cushion wads?
I've had good luck using a couple of 1/8" OxYoke wool wads (prelubed with their Wonder Lube 1000) in a couple different 20ga Flintlocks (GM and Rice barrels)...helps with the fouling a lot.
Then oddly, a 42" 28ga Rice barrel patterns better with a full 1/2" Circle Fly prelubed fiber cushion wad.
Smoothbores are a whole world unto themselves, eh

Sure are a law unto their selves.... I use just cards regular in my other guns and manage to keep the foul soft with the occasional blob of lube but forgot my self whilst learning a new drill. I will use lubed fibers in my twelve also.
I believe under compression the oil is injected into the foul and gets softened. That's what seems to happen and I am sticking to it for now.
I don't have any 20g fibers but may stamp some leather and soak in olive oil in stead!

B :thumbsup:

:hatsoff:

Wonderful!
That is really a nice picture, as stated above nice dog, gun and bird - live is good on the other side of the channel :wink:

I love the pics with your dog.

Silex

Latest posts

Back